Sunday, March 19, 2023

Shield of Fire by Bree Wolf


This is the second book from the Flames of Winter series, and having not read the first one, I was quite hesitant to begin with this. But I was able to follow the plot and the story pretty well, leaving me pleasantly surprised. The story revolves around Sarah Mortensen and Keir Mackinnear. Although the plot begins from where Book 1 left off, we are able to read this as a new book with ease, but beware of a cliffhanger finish at the end! The accompanying characters, Lady Kate Birchwell, Grandma Edie, and the Dowager Countess of Whickerton, all add good flavour and colour to the story. Characterization is lovely. I loved reading this book. My thanks to Wolf and her publishing house, Wolf Publishing, for gifting me with a copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.