Monday, February 27, 2023

David Is an Ugly Word by Cindy Dorminy

 



⁣⁣⁣
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰:⁣⁣⁣⁣ 𝐃𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐔𝐠𝐥𝐲 𝗪𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐂𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐃𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐲 ⁣
This was a sweet feel-good young romance that has the reader riveted from page 1. Kenzie is synaesthetic and is grateful that her twin Michael always has her back. David is a dear friend of Michael’s and used to be good friends with Kenzie, and is desperately vying for her attention. Kenzie and her senses detest any word that does not sit well, and David is a word that Kenzie is unable to cope with. When a school project pairs them up as partners, much to Kenzie’s chagrin, what happens with their lives is what Dorminy narrates in her lovely tale. The characterisation is delightful and all characters share splendid chemistry. I loved the dual person narration that added to the charm of the story. I definitely recommend giving this a read. I’m thankful to Cindy Dorminy and Red Adept Publishing for gifting me with a copy of this book.⁣


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.