Having read the first book in the series, Runaway Train, I was quite certain that Grenade Bouquets would prove to be a treat, and Goldberg does not disappoint. Following Nico's rollercoaster journey as she surmounts obstacles and yet spirals down some ground holes is captivating. Fresh out of grieving over her sister's passing, Nico does not imagine other perils that come with the dazzling life from band stardom. She needs to deal with her own attitude issues, not to mention souring relationships on her personal front. Battling the resentment of the band itself, Nico needs to prove her mettle not just to the world, but to herself as well. Nico's characterization with all its vulnerabilities is remarkable. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I am thankful to Goldberg, the publishers Wise Wolf, and Teddy Rose from VABT for having gifted me with a copy of this book.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.