Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Broken Promises by Lorhainne Eckhart



I started this as the first book that I was reading from the series. This was written as a lovely stand-alone and hence I had no trouble with not having read the earlier stories of the series. The plot follows the tale of characters who find their lives unwillingly interwoven together - Marcus and Charlotte who believe that having adopted their lovely girl met the purpose of their lives; Reine, the biological mother of the adopted daughter who demands to have her daughter back after getting released from prison; and amidst this all, the child herself. This is a powerful emotional family drama and I loved how the pace never dipped. The turns that the story takes when Marcus decides to not let his daughter go back to Reine at any cost are quite engrossing. Many thanks to Eckhart and the Book Sirens for gifting me with a copy of this book for my review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.