Sunday, August 15, 2021

I Mean You No Harm by Beth Castrodale

 


What starts as a family drama, revolving around the lives of Layla, Vic, and Bette, quickly turns into an engaging mystery with Layla finding herself on the brink of uncovering her mother's death. The plot takes on various elements including analyzing Layla's strained relationship with her estranged dad Vic, and her not-so-close relationship with Bette. I loved the premise of the cross country road trip that leads to Layla and Bette getting to know each other better, and it is so symbolic that it happens during a road trip, because it signifies what long strides they have taken in life in understanding each other after Vic's death. I enjoyed reading this book, and my thanks to Castrodale and the publishers Imbrifex Books, for gifting me with a copy of this book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.