Sunday, August 15, 2021

Designs on Forever by Susan Carlisle




This is the second book in the Modern Masters of Their Castles trilogy, but is a standalone story in itself, as I had no trouble following the storyline. Mallory and Evan come with diagonally opposite belief systems when it comes to design and architecture. While the former strives to retain the beauty of older structures when bringing them to life, Evan does not care for anything that does not bear monetary value. When their lives are brought together making Mallory redesign the failing manor hotel belonging to Evan's grandma, the two are left in crossroads. This romance has many elements to make it engaging - compelling characters, good narration, and a tight pace. I loved reading this, and I am thankful to Carlisle for having gifted me with a copy of this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.