Sunday, August 25, 2019

Book Review -- "Dreams That Never Were" by Greg Messel







Set in 1968, the book follows the emotional turmoil and struggles of Alex Hurley, a war correspondent, who is still reeling from his vocation having wreaked havoc in his family life. The book answers the question of whether or not a new-found hope restores his faith in love and his happiness. 

This is a gripping political thriller, and for those of us who have only read or heard about yesteryear political events, this book is a good treat in that it helps us vividly visualize the era. The scenes depicting the assassination of Robert Kennedy, the wounding of the innocent and bewildered bystanders, the difficult aftermath, are all superbly narrated. This is the first book that I’ve read of Greg Messel’s and I found the articulation so captivating that I can’t wait to read his earlier works. A must read for lovers of political thrillers.

Many thanks to Dorothy from PUYB Book Tours and Promotions, for providing me with a copy of this book for a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.